Tabs

 
 
HOME
 
CHALLENGES
 
TUTORIALS
 
SHOPPING
 
CANDY
 
AWARDS BADGES
 
EZINE PUBLISHING CALLS
 
DESIGN TEAMS
 
SAMPLES OF BEST WORK
 
SHAPE EZ
 
RESUME
 

Extra Styles

Pinterest

CHECK OUT EACH GERBER DAISY AND THANKS FOR VISITING!
My crafting resolutions:
1. To create more than 50% of my projects with either recycled materials or scrap left over materials to cut waste and excessive earth fillers. Currently at about 45%)
2. Teach paper craft classes.
3. Create Dies for Spellbinders(done)
4. Learn everyday what it takes to be patient, understanding, tolerant and giving.
made it to CHA, and work for embellishment company I love, demo classes all in 2012-13

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Asian Beauty

Good ... but cold morning to you!  I can't believe it snowed today, ug!  When will it end?  This was a super busy week, between the new Ribbon Rose tutorial on my tab above, two card crafting classes, band concert at school and the Gala at Main Street, I'm looking to wind down and relax tomorrow with a good movie and some cocoa! 
I just had to share a great find with you from the Splitcoast Stampers page on a circle pop up card.  I added it to my tutorial page, I'll be sure to share it when I try it out! 
On to business, I have two very different cards for you today.  This first card reminds me of a beautiful Asian Bride.  From the Magnolia 2010 Bon Voyage collection, I can envision Asian Tilda is striding down the grassy path to her groom.

Entered into the Magnolia-licious Challenge - Frame recipe with one of each bling/pearls/trim/ribbon
Just Magnolia Challenge - Anything goes

Ingredients: DP papers is Creative Imaginations by Christine Adolph , DCWV , Once upon a time collection "Palace Throne" print and "Canvas Textures" foundation paper by Core'dinations.  Basic Grey's "lilo" by KioShi
Spellbinders Nestabities die cut labels 7 and Sentiment is from Magnolia "You Make Me Smile" #CC09,  Momento Ink "Black"

The skin tone was new for me: used copic base with Ranger distress to add age contour areas and that special amber tone that makes Asian woman so unique. I'll practice a few more times and share my tutorial for you to try!

Mediums usedCopic Sketch markers  #E00,E11,E21(R20 for cheeks) with my new Ranger Distress ink color Antique Linen for the skin tone.  C3,C1,C6 for hair,E37,E42,E50, G99, R35,R37,YG95.

This is a hand made ribbon rose I created a tutorial for this week, it added dimension and a little personal touch to the wedding!


Embellies:  Recollections Pearl Stickers, Spare Parts by the Paper Studio,"gemstone brads, Best Occasions Rhinestones, sprigs, all from my stash of local retail store goodies!

One last little share, this next card was the creative genius of my new card class instructor, Angie Hunt.  The class was delightfully fun and instructive, Not only did I get an opportunity to get some Magnolia Stamps including the cute Butterfly Wishes Collection - Tilda With Butterfly Dress Item Id: MAG772 used in this project, but some Whimsy stamped images as well!  I'm saving them (for my next weeks projects).      hehe.    I met some terrific ladies and learned several new tricks of the trade;  like the grass "flicking", the copic background shading outside the stamped image and my first opportunity to use the copic "W" colors for shading ever so lightly creating an extremely well put together project!  Thanks Angie!  You'll see me again next month for sure!

I don't want to take credit but I can't resist showing this cute card off either.  The coloring is all mine but the design was pre-planned and well instructed.  Very fun!


Entered in Challenges:  Crafters Companion (Easter)
Wild Orchid Challenge (Anything Goes)
Die cut Dreams Challenge (Spring Garden Scene)
Sir Stampalot (new pink,yellow,green spring)
a few finishing touches to the inside: 
and my day is over ..

INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: 
Failure is only inevitable if you don't try!

Thanks for stopping by,

You May Also Like:

32 comments:

  1. Wow both of those cards are lovely and your flowers are very nice too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish. Thank you for all your help on Saturday and cannot wait until next month. Looking forward to sitting with you.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see the Tutorial on the Roses if possible.Your Cards are beautiful! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness your class paid off you have two
    beautiful cards
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful work - I especially love your ribbon flower - gorgeous!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards, you lucky girl to be able to take classes with the Uber Talented Angie.
    Look forward to your tutorial on the asian skin coloring.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards...I would like to follow but it does not have any pics or button to click... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME cards Tammy Louise!!!!!!!

    justme,
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, both these cards are BEAUTIFUL Tammy! I love that ribbon rose and your coloring is fabulous! Hugs, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Tammy! Love your ribbon rose...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are amazing! Your coloring is just fantastic! Love everything about them! Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh these are absolutely stunning! I love the feel of the first one and the second is so bright and cheery. Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card. Beautiful coloring and design. Those flowers are so yummy :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are gorgeous and beautifully colored! Your handmade rose is gorgeous!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are both beautifull !! Wonderfull colouring :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of your cards. The first one you did a great job in coloring the darker colors. I struggle with that. I love the embellies with the pearls in the flower. Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had such a fun time at your class. Both these cards are fabulous and I love your ribbon flowers...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. GREAT job...these are gorgeous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are beautiful! I love both of them so much. The flowers are lovely! Great job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow!! She's just darling!! LOVE the flowers and beautiful colors!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card,they look great, Bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Asian Tilda is very striking. The handmade flower is lovely. Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, both cards are wonderfully made! I love the asian Tilda and how you've cropped her. Super duper cute!
    Stay warm,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Tammy Louise

    Gorgeous cards, love the colouring. Thanks for sharing at DCD.

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tammy both cards are gorgeous! Love your flower you made and your coloring is beautiful. Fabulous detailing and design! Thanks so much for joining us atMagnolia-licious Highlites!
    hugs, sharon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Tammy,
    Gorgeous Spring Garden card, love the colours and the way you followed it through on the inside. Thanks for joining in our Spring Garden challenge at DCD this time. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Dawn and the Dream Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous creations. I love the spring one, inside and out. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Tammy

    Gorgeous creations.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampalot challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great cards. Love your handmade flower and the trouble you go to to finish off the inside of your cards.
    thank you for joining us at the BTC&G "springtime" challenge.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both are stunning cards

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s and Die Cut Dreams challenges, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  32. A wonderful spring creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment brings a smile! It is such a pleasure for me. Thank you!