Tabs

 
 
HOME
 
CHALLENGES
 
TUTORIALS
 
SHOPPING
 
CANDY
 
AWARDS BADGES
 
EZINE PUBLISHING CALLS
 
DESIGN TEAMS
 
SAMPLES OF BEST WORK
 
SHAPE EZ
 
RESUME
 

Extra Styles

Pinterest

CHECK OUT EACH GERBER DAISY AND THANKS FOR VISITING!
My crafting resolutions:
1. To create more than 50% of my projects with either recycled materials or scrap left over materials to cut waste and excessive earth fillers. Currently at about 45%)
2. Teach paper craft classes.
3. Create Dies for Spellbinders(done)
4. Learn everyday what it takes to be patient, understanding, tolerant and giving.
made it to CHA, and work for embellishment company I love, demo classes all in 2012-13

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Recycled TOADILY!

   Great Day to you all!  It was soooo nice out today . . . I've put my order in for 5 more!  I spent the morning at the Jr High for the local Band Festival and I was so proud,  they did so well, and he tries so very hard.  Then home with pups and family for relaxation!  Very good Saturday!  This card makes me 'TOADILY HAPPY in many ways!
Entered into Wild Orchid Crafts - Die Cuts
Cupcake Craft Challenges:  Up in the Air + some green
The Pixie Cottage Challenge:  Sketch/Green
Stamp Something: Something Sweet
Whiff of Joy Anything Goes
Scrap Creations: DT Call
Anything Goes challenge:  Die Cut
Papercrafting Journey: Anything Goes
Paper Play Challenges: Embossing
Paper Cutz Challenge:  Anything goes

This card is very close to my heart for several reasons.  The entire card stock and what would "normally" be considered Design Paper . . . was donated to me from Creative Papers Online, so I chose to use it for this type of cause as well.  Owned by friends of my husbands from Karate the shop is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan where recycling is very strong.  The papers are handmade and often from recycled material, which is very important to me.  Not only does it preserve our world, but it enabled my daughter and I to share in a cause and become very close when she started the recycling program at her High School.  I was chairman of the recycling team at the my previous place of employment and I coordinated drops and pickups with her.  I wanted to show my appreciation for the other people out there that want to save the world one tree at a time.  I think really fun outdoor scene with natural papers and flowers all around it does it justice!

If you look closely, the see through leaf is in this photo, it is hard to capture the little details with pictures but they add so very much to the actual card.
One other thing to share with you, you know I can't resist, I ran across a blog with an offer and heartfelt opportunity.  The ability to donate to a fabulous cause like Autism, being that my son has Aspergers, was to overwhelming to pass up . . . so I posted the link in my side bar (look for the chicken sketch by a 9 year old) and wanted to announce it to you all, please feel free to pass it on :)


The stamps are "Fall Grass" from Whiff of Joy (just got it today!) and from Penny Black, I've had it forever and never envisioned a great card/cause for it until now.  The Mediums are Copic Sketch and Ranger Distress Inks from my Sticker Store and More.


Some of the paper, containing actual leaves and stick pieces, has been bunched up into a "ruffle look" with thread from the sewing machine to give it a "natural" lace look.  The leaf I've tried to take a picture of is genuine, there is raffia and those flower petals just behind the image to top it off.  I've glittered up the flowers from my stash with stickles, and the Nestibilities used for the framing was hole punched with a flower design to give it that frog paw look.

INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

There isn't always a visible sign on a person with a disability, be kind!
Thanks you for visiting today,

You May Also Like:

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Tammy Louise!! So many lovely & gorgeous details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft challenge this week! Good luck! hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this card is fabulous! Just so much to look at...and all of it gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card, it's so full of life with all those lovely extra details and textures, love it! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous hun adore that image,and gorgeous colurs on this too,thanks for playing at the pixie cottage,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet card. I love your embossing. Thanks for playing along at Paper Play this week.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first impression of your card was - wow! Then Happy and funny and then after reading all about the card I thought - Wow! This is really creative. I love it TLC!!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute :) Thanks for joining us at WOC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card I love that image and the fab DP's x
    Thanks for playing along with us at papercrafing journey this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Every comment brings a smile! It is such a pleasure for me. Thank you!