Tabs

Pinterest

Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Space

Good morning to all ...

So . . I'm what hubby calls frugal and practical?  Well, I might prefer being other things in his mind . . but it could also be much worse!  Hehe!  I'm putting my best foot forward . . . holding my breath . . . and showing the world my happy red and orange crafty space!  

It's only fair to prepare and share my journey here on my blog with the place every project begins :).   Some recent blessings in disguise have driven us to sell our home to own a VERY tiny home (under 600 sq. ft. total).  But without the 9 to 5 demand of a job, I am more able to accompany my autistic child through the grueling experience of Jr. High.   So it's a win ~ win.

Being a huge IKEA enthusiast and  making the most of my space, we sold the dining set and made sure there is room for my crafting spot in the kitchen. (there's no smiling with out it for me)

With my, "save the world one item at a time" motto, I crafted my desk from a dismantled table, particle board from the attic, poster of beautiful tulips and plexi glass.$20 TOTAL!   The ribbon holder is a tiny curtain rod .25cents at Walmart .  The cupboards are re-painted bathroom cabinets for $5 each from garage sales and the lace holders to the right are shower curtain hooks from the dollar store.   My most recent "frugal" buy is the CUTE and LITTLE sewing machine called the  EZ sew, adapter or battery powered. . . with a bobbin, reverse, 3 sizes of stitch and a light by WHITE from Joanne Fabrics for $30 on sale.


INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Happy . . . comfy . . . and creative,  all the ingredients of a successful craftier.  We all know when we're happy . . . we're more productive!

Keep stamping and creating!   After all, it's not about how much of something you have, or how much you spend to get it. To me, it's about what I can do with what I have and being proud when I succeed with it!

Thanks for visiting, come back and see me anytime!

You may also like: 

12 comments:

  1. These pics are absolutely gorgeous. I'd play the whole day, wouldn't be able to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous! a wonderful place for lovely things.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great space, Tammy! Everything within reach and so beautifully organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy, this such a lovely and well organized space! Hope you have great fun and create little wonders!
    Hugs. Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy...so glad I stopped by. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. I myself have an autistic son in junior high. I craft to relax and it's something I enjoy as well. I think you did a fantastic job on remodel.
    Good day and God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat space Tammy. Love your neatness. Me on the other hand...sigh...
    I am in a process of re-organizing my craftroom. I tell you what a nightmare, lol
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammy,
    Congrats on getting free of debt and work so you can be at home with your son.
    You have created a fabulous little spot and I see you have everything you need right at your finger tips.
    Looks like a lot of wonderful creating will be done here in your bright and cheery place.
    Thanks for showing us all what we could do on a budget :o)
    Hugs, Cancdy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great example you are to be debt free! I love your crafting corner and I bet it feels good to have such a lovely space without it having cost too much. Thanks for sharing and good luck on the DT position. Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stamping space. I turned our old dining room into my craft space. I am not as organized as you are and wish I was. You have a beautiful crafting space. Good luck on the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful space you've created for crafting, Tammy! Way to go! Sounds like you've got the right attitude to succeed plus have more time with your child. A definite win win!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing!
    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/march-kit-preview-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your crafting space hun! It looks like I can spend hours just going through your stuff:0)

    Love that you have recycled and find use for things!

    Hugs;

    Janette

    ReplyDelete

Every comment brings a smile! It is such a pleasure for me. Thank you!